BEAUMONT, Texas — A 29-year-old man is apparently dead following an interaction with Port Arthur Police officers on Thursday morning, the 23rd of February.
The 29-year-old man was pronounced dead at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas Thursday morning after 7 a.m. by Jefferson County Precinct Two Justice of the Peace Joseph Guillory II. The had been reportedly “engaging” with him.
Guillory, who has ordered an autopsy, told 12News he was told by hospital staff that the man died at about 5:45 a.m.
Officers “engaged” the man in the 800 block of San Jacinto Ave about three blocks north of Proctor St, according to Port Arthur Police Chief Timothy Duriso.
Officers were originally sent to the location Thursday morning because of a disturbance he said.
The suspect actually died mysteriously while he was being taken to a Southeast Texas hospital.
The Texas Rangers are now investigating the death of the suspect.
No shots were fired by officers, nonetheless.
Multiple evidence markers were clearly visible in the street where the incident happened.
The man’s name is being withheld until his immediate family is notified according to Judge Guillory, which seems like the right thing to do.
Because the investigation is being handled by the Texas Rangers police have not yet released much information but expect to release more later in the day. Keep visiting our site to be updated.
This is a developing story. We will update with more if and when we receive more confirmed information.