Sheriff: Two gang members detained in California murders of six people in execution-style manner

According to the Tulare County sheriff, two gang members involved in the January killing of six people, including a newborn, at a residence connected to a rival group in central California were apprehended early on Friday. One of them was captured following a gun battle.

Angel “Nanu” Uriarte, 35, was injured in the gunfight with federal investigators and was receiving surgery, but was stable and expected to live, according to Sheriff Mike Boudreaux. Noah David Beard, 25, was also taken into custody.

The sheriff remarked, “I’m delighted we were able to lock these two individuals up.”

Gang Violence

At a press conference held at the sheriff’s office in Visalia, Boudreaux indicated that although the suspects and family members of the victims had a lengthy history of gang violence, the reason behind the shooting “is not entirely evident.”

Six charges of murder and additional offenses were brought against both defendants by the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office. According to the prosecution, they might get either the death penalty or a life term without the possibility of parole.

The six victims, including a teen mother and her child, were shot dead on January 16 in rural Goshen, a San Joaquin Valley town of 3,000 people.

In a huge investigation that concluded in Friday’s arrests, sheriff’s detectives, prosecutors, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other law enforcement agencies claimed both suspects had been continuously monitored since Jan. 23.

State Prisons

In Goshen and Visalia, search warrants were executed, and five state prisons’ about eight inmate cells connected to the Nuestra Familia prison gang were searched, according to Boudreaux.

He said that in order to strengthen their case, sheriff’s officials held off on making the arrests until they received DNA proof. No other information about the evidence was given.

Both suspects had past legal issues. Prosecutors stated in the court document that Uriarte had convictions as a juvenile that Beard had been convicted of assault with a handgun in connection with a street gang in 2015.

Rosa Parraz, 72; Eladio Parraz, Jr., 52; Jennifer Analla, 49; Marcos Parraz, 19; Alissa Parraz, 16; and Nycholas Parraz, 10 months, were the fatalities.

Authorities on Friday made a surveillance video of a teenage female outdoors putting a baby on the other side of a fence before she jumped over the barrier herself. Authorities claim that Beard shot and murdered the infant and teen, who were both discovered shot in the back of the head on the street.

A lady who was found kneeling and shot in the head was one of the adult victims, according to the officials.

According to the sheriff, Alissa Parraz just received full custody of her son, who had previously spent months in the foster care system. Three days before they were slain, on January 13, the two were reunited.

The murders in Goshen happened during a brutal and violent month in California.

On January 21, a shooting at the dance club in Monterey Park left 11 people dead and 9 injured. Later, the shooter committed suicide. Before the culprit was captured, seven people were murdered and one was injured on January 23 gunshots at two farms in Half Moon Bay.

Other Reports, Gang Members

An American federal judge On January 19, the Southern District of Texas’ District Court sentenced two La Quarenta gang members to jail. In Southeast Texas, the two were in charge of a huge drug trafficking enterprise.

The investigation was carried out by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Corpus Christi with support from the United States. Air and Marine Operations of Customs and Border Protection and the Gang Unit of the Corpus Christi Police Department.

A 36-year-old Corpus Christi resident named Ricky Reyna was found guilty of conspiring to possess drugs with the purpose to distribute methamphetamine, heroin, and cocaine. U.S. District Judge David S. Morales sentenced him to 25 years in federal prison, followed by five years of supervised release. Reyna entered a guilty plea on October 20, 2021.