Pets Poisoned With Antifreeze, Suspect Imprisoned For Doing So

A 36-year-old man has been arrested for giving his neighbor’s pet antifreeze.

According to his Dec. 2, 2022 press release from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, his 20100 block deputy on Southwest 84th Lane responded to the poisoned cat report. At the scene, the pet owner reportedly told authorities that his cat, Mr. Cat, had fallen ill and had a seizure the night before.

Kat was taken to a veterinary hospital for treatment, but he later died, according to the sheriff’s office. Tests reportedly confirmed that Mr. Cat had been poisoned.

The pet owner said something similar happened to his dog Bella in October, according to the sheriff’s office. Bella reportedly had similar symptoms, too. Another neighbor is said to have said five of her house’s cats have died in similar circumstances since October.

Upon further investigation, a forensic autopsy revealed that Mr. Cat and the other deceased pets had died of ethylene glycol poisoning, possibly from ingestion of antifreeze. A bowl of tuna mixed with antifreeze was found outside Jeremy Gordon Stromwall’s home, according to the sheriff’s office. Authorities reportedly learned that Stromwall had previously made statements about harming neighborhood cats.

READ ALSO: Distribution Of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) This Month In North Carolina

According to the sheriff’s office, “Stromwall said he poisoned her by handing out her tainted food, including trying to get her to eat rat poison mixed with her cat food. ”

On January 4, the sheriff’s office announced that Stromwall had been arrested and charged with four counts of aggravated animal cruelty.