Coachella Immigrant families Recovery Program created a program for low-income immigrant families in the city of Coachella, California. This program is a partnership between the non-profit Mission Asset Fund and the city of Coachella, California. 140 families will receive $400 monthly payments for up to 2 years.
The aim of the program is to help those families who are not qualified for federal assistance related to Covid-19. The deadline of application ended last November. Qualified applicants will receive a notification via email which started last December 27, 2022.
Once your application is approved, you will start receiving your monthly check this month in the form of a direct bank deposit or prepaid debit card. Financial counseling services will be conducted by the Mission Asset Fund for the recipients of the program.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED?
Qualified applicants must meet all the criteria and submit correct documentation that proves they are qualified.
The applicants must:
- Reside in the city of Coachella, CA
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a current, non-expired, government-issued photo ID
- Have at least one child age 17 and under who was living in your household in 2021
- Have a total household income below $150,000 in 2021 or earned less than $75,000 in 2021
- Be excluded from receiving any federal COVID-19 relief in 2020 or 2021, including the expanded Child Tax Credit
Qualified recipients are free to spend the money however they choose to because their accounts will not be monitored and the funds do not need to be repaid since the $400 monthly checks are considered a gift. Once qualified, you are not obliged to share the details of how you spent the money but you may be asked to share your experience with the program.