Two Men Arrested For Deadly Shooting Of New Orleans Police Officer At Houston Restaurant

Two men were arrested after the murder of New Orleans Det. Everett Briscoe in a restaurant in Houston earlier this week, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner confirmed Friday.

Frederick Jackson, 19, and Anthony Jenkins, 21, were arrested at different locations and were taken into custody. Both suspects are charged with capital murder and attempted critical murder, Click 2 Houston reported.

A third person of interest was also present, according to Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg, but information about the person is yet to be released.

According to police, Briscoe was targeted for high-end jewelry. Investigators also said that they have surveillance video of other cases of the two suspects stalking victims at high-end restaurants and stores in the Galleria Area. They also believe that the suspects were involved in a “robbery gone bad.”


Jackson was out on bond for one of the aggravated robberies he was involved in. Police said he cut off his ankle monitor and did not attend his last court appearance. Jenkins was also out on a $40, 000 bond for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Mayor Turner thanked those who helped crack the case. “I am grateful to members of the community who called in tips, including one to Crime Stoppers Houston, that led to an arrest in this case,” he said.

The second victim, Dyrin Riculfy, was shot in the head and remains in a coma. “Our city’s shaken at how this could happen on a weekend afternoon at a restaurant in the heart of the tourist area. Details are brutal and they are heartbreaking,” Ong said.

Ogg also stated that prosecutors will ask for no bond in this case and may go in for the death penalty, saying “death is on the table.” Briscoe together with his friends was in Houston for the weekend last week to visit other members of an organization he was a part of, the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club. Briscoe has been in Houston only 2 hours when he was shot.

Houston Crime Stoppers is still learning which tip(s) led to the arrest. Tips poured in after the reward was increased to $100, 000 earlier this week.